Thursday, January 2, 2020

Sticker Shock

Proud of myself for shopping mostly fresh produce and adding healthy items to my cart, I impulsively added this magazine to the conveyor belt upon checkout at my local grocery store. I figured hey, what's an additional four or five dollars for some new, healthy recipe ideas? Well apparently it's been a few decades since I've purchased any type of magazine as I did not account for the cost of inflation. People, this little beauty cost me $12.99!  That's right, $12.99 for a magazine. Yikes!

I can say one thing about "Eat This". For the price it cost me, I've now committed to getting my money's worth and making as many recipes as I can! I can already smell the homemade shrimp lo-mein, lettuce wraps and pork tacos cooking! 
Bon appetite!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...