Monday, January 3, 2022

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winter ahead.

As part of my desire and goal to get more active this year, I put on the wool socks and got outside and I wasn't sorry. Sure, I couldn't feel my face or thighs at times, but today was the first day in a long time that I was excited about the day ahead of me. Getting out and moving in nature helped along with avoiding the use of my phone or searching social media for the first 30 minutes+ of the morning. Little changes add up! 

After my walk, breakfast and a hot shower I set out to pamper myself a bit. Self care is not a shower alone, after all. I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure and was planning on calling it a day right afterwards,  out of an imagined sense of obligation to return home and take care of the "household".  Instead, I bought myself lunch, saw a movie and treated myself to two new pairs of ridiculous shoes. 

I felt refreshed physically, mentally and emotionally and actually energetic for once. If you're reading this, this is your reminder to take the time for you. Whether it's a walk, spending time in silence pampering or treating yourself to some type of outing - just do it. I snapped the photo below on my walk and felt lucky to be a part of the sun's big day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...