Sunday, January 19, 2020

Easy



I've been looking for ways to make things easier for myself in this new year. One major improvement has been to meal plan dinners for the week and buy groceries according to my menu. This way I am not making multiple trips to the store for last minute groceries or stressing to answer the dreaded question,  "What's for dinner?". The benefits of this practice has included stress relief, a happier budget and healthy leftovers for easy pack lunches for the week. 

To make dinner even easier, I brought out the crockpot for Mississippi style pulled pork sandwiches (a basic recipe of pork tenderloin and pepperoncinis). Nothing like a dinner you can set and forget about with minimal clean up. I opened a jar of pepperoncinis and dumped them and the tenderloin into the crockpot and that was it. Yep, it's that easy! You can add an onion and other spices if you like, but I chose to keep it simple. 

I served this mix on a toasted deli-fresh bun and topped it off with some shredded mozzarella. The original recipe calls for provolone, and my husband prefers cheddar so when it comes to cheese choice I don't think you can go wrong! 

What's on your menu today?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...