Monday, January 13, 2020

Face to Face

In efforts to focus on self care this year, I scheduled a facial for myself. Knowing I don't have the best skin care routine, I wanted to address the aging process and see what the experts had to say about my skin. My esthetician confirmed my oily t-zone, an abundance of blackheads on my nose and surprisingly questioned if my skin was reactive to the cold. Which, it is. In extreme cold I get "cold hives". If you don't know what those are, look them up. It's literally an allergic reaction to the cold which does not bode well for a person exposed to Chicago winters! But I digress.

Not having had a facial for at least two decades, I didn't know what to expect from the service. I was surprised to experience a body balancing massage, a hand treatment and aromatherapy in addition to heating pads on the tummy. The treatments to my face were overall gentle, barring the extraction of the blackheads (which is to be expected). My girl, of course, tried to up sell me on additional products which I did partake in. I had a lifting-collagen serum applied to my face for an additional fifteen dollars, which I thought was budget friendly considering I was at a high end, local salon.

The results of my facial are immediately noticeable. My face looks fresher and is more "plump". Although I'm sure it's not permanent, whatever was applied to my face diminished the nasty crease (wrinkle) in my forehead that my husband tells me only I notice. I was pleasantly surprised by and pleased with my facial experience and will schedule more to come in the future. When I asked my esthetician on how often I should get one, I appreciated that she acknowledged that schedules rely on budget first and foremost, and a minimum of 3-4 times a year as the seasons change would be of great benefit. 

As I currently use a good facial cleanser, lotion and exfoliant (thank you Aveda), I was not much in the market for new skincare products, however I did purchase a vitamin C serum which I look forward to using. It is a highly recommended product for anti-aging, which is what I wanted to address during my appointment. The vitamin C serum should help prevent the negative effects of the sun, free radicals and wrinkles, but time will tell! 

What are you doing for you today?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...