Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Lift...

It's another January 1st and I have so many random things flowing around my head. Of course there's the typical thoughts of resolutions and fresh starts but in addition to all that new year positivity, I've added a word of intention for 2020 to my mindset. I want to LIFT.  What would be your word or mantra for 2019?

I heard someone once say, "Lift as you climb." and it has stuck with me for many years. I've probably blogged about it before, but it bears repeating. We all need to lift others as we climb to our successes. Whether it's at a job or personally - take the time to help others and "lift" them up. Not only do I want to follow this practice, help lift others, but I can apply the word "lift" to so many other aspects of my life.

I want to lift more weights (get stronger in the gym). I want to lift my head up in pride by working hard at my job and doing work that I can be proud of. I want my thoughts to be lifted and to be more positive, including internal self talk. I want to lift my face with more smiles and recommit to the things that make me the happiest. In order to lift though, I have to have some type of game plan, so here goes...


Get healthy...mentally and physically
- Commit to working out 2-3 times a week.
- Stay away from negative people.
- Make more play-dates with positive people.
- Complain less.

- Participate in one 5K per month.
- Eat clean(er).
- Stretch.

Read more.
- Read one book per month.
- Stop buying new books!
- Set aside 30 minutes a day via lunch or bedtime to read.

Bucket List Items...continued from 2011.
- Attend Cubs Spring training.
- Travel (Italy, Spain, Germany, Bora Bora)
- Hike Piccachu Peak, AZ.

Personal
- Go to the chiropractor more.
- Book a spa service per month.
- Remain grateful and practice gratitude daily.
- Commit to a schedule of chores and add help services as needed to make life easier.

Happy 2020 to you and me.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...