Friday, January 10, 2020

Let's Taco 'Bout It

I mastered recipe number 2 from my MDM (million dollar magazine)! I made the low-carb, low calorie taco-stuffed acorn squash from "Eat This, Not That". Again, I found their recipe very minimalist in seasonings and pretty easy to prepare. As the dish calls for ground turkey, which I find pretty tasteless, I did add more than the requested cumin and chili pepper and despite the guilt, found myself adding a little salt for flavor (and garlic powder, too!).

Despite the final product looking more like a baked potato than the picturesque squash in the magazine, 
I enjoyed this dish and found the squash very complimentary to the taco flavored stuffing. I topped this baby off with some added scallions, a dab of sour cream, diced jalapeno and a spoon of fresh avocado for added flavor and kick, but it does taste great on it's own, too! 

What's on your dinner menu this week? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...