Thursday, January 30, 2020

Read

Every year it seems as though "read more" is on my list of things to achieve and every year as of late, I fall flat of that goal. I've dabbled in Audible (audio books) in the car as an alternative but couldn't keep up with the monthly allotment of reading (listening) opportunities there either. As someone who used to read 2-3 books per week, yes per week, I miss them! I miss the time to myself, the stories and the sense of accomplishment when completed.

I've tried taking books to work to read on my lunch break but typically work through that hour instead (or get distracted). You can forget telling me to read once I'm home in the evenings because the last thing I want to do is crack open a book after reading hundreds of emails and reviewing paperwork all day. I've tried reading before bedtime but usually doze off before much is accomplished so, what gives? When do you do your best reading? Any suggestions? My current slow-read is "No Better Friend" which I'm thoroughly intrigued by but have been "reading" since last November! Crikeys!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...