Thursday, January 9, 2020

I Wouldn't...

In reading a book of writing prompts, one suggested topic was to create a list of "25 Things You Would Never Do". At first I thought making this list would be an easy and fast blog post. But then I really started thinking. What wouldn't I do? 

As it is, there are already so many things that I thought I would never do in life, some good and some bad, that I've already done. Who hasn't stayed at a bad job or in a bad relationship far too long after swearing they'd leave or make a change? Who hasn't sworn off a list of scary activities due to fear of heights but finds themselves on roller coasters or umm, ahem, hot-air ballooning? 

And what about that saying, "never say never"? I mean, I'd like to think there's a clear list of laws I'd never break. You know, like I don't foresee myself ever killing anyone but what if it was a case of self defense? And what if someone offered me a million dollars to jump out of an airplane? Pretty sure I'd consider that offer.

Sure, maybe I'm overthinking a subject that was supposed to be simple and light-hearted. Or maybe this is exactly the debate the author intended? Either way the question remains, what would you never do? Below is my list of 25 things I would like to think that I'd never do. But then again, you just never know what circumstances life will bring you, good or bad! What wouldn't you do?  


I Would Never...

1) ...make a list of 25 things I wouldn't do! (But here I am, attempting it anyway.)

2) ...want to die without having positively impacted the world, or at least a few people in it.

3) ...intentionally hurt people.

4) ...run a marathon. (Pretty confident on that one!)

5) ...order a dessert with coconut in it. Eww.

6) ...become a hoarder. I like clear surfaces and minimalism.

7) ...own a pet hippopotamus. I mean, who has a pool big enough to house them, right?  

8) ...bungee jump or skydive.

9) ...cliff walk.

10) ...tight rope walk. (Are you seeing a theme here?)

11) ...cut my own hair. 

12) ...forget to say "I love you" or "I appreciate you" to those who matter.

13) ...get back together with any of my exes.

14) ...say no to traveling.

15) ...forget to be grateful for the things, events and people I enjoy in my life..

16) ...give up on chasing my dreams or making new ones for that matter.

17) ...fear change. (Ok, I might a little but I won't let it stop me!)

18) ...pay for something in all pennies.

19) ...be materialistic.

20) ...stop smiling.

21) ...hang out with pessimistic people.

22) ...let a once in a lifetime opportunity pass me by (I hope!)

23) ...fear asking questions.

24) ...define myself based on other people's thoughts of me.

25) ...take things too personally or myself too seriously.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...