Thursday, April 2, 2020

Day 17

I participated in my first running club event this week! It is sadly "virtual" based now due to the COVID-19 outbreak, but thankfully my husband joined me for company. Even though I don't get to struggle with the other club members in person, it was great to be held accountable online via social media and other GPS apps! 

Though I have participated in many, many and I do mean many 5K events in the past, I've never trained outdoors in order to run one properly. I prefer treadmill running and even with an incline, it doesn't prepare one for outdoor inclines and wind resistance. I can't say the run was fun outside in the cold but I was happy to get out, get some fresh air and move! 

What are you doing for exercise today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...