Saturday, April 25, 2020

Day 40

Well, today is day 40 of me (and many others) working from home as well as being under a "Shelter In Place" order. I can't help but think, at day 40, of the forty days and nights that Noah stayed on his ark loaded with animals.

I appreciate that I have access to land and an animal poop-free place to live. Even on this gloomy day I know, just like Noah, that the end of our seclusion will come. In the mean time, we need to recognize this trial is for our own good, continue to count our blessings and have faith.

You might feel as though you have no blessings and that life is a disaster right now, and no doubt it's hard. But I urge you to reexamine the things you do have - health? The ability to stand and walk and be mobile? A roof over your head? Healthy loved ones? Work - or at least unemployment coming in? I assure you, there is something to be grateful for no matter how small.

As for faith, it doesn't have to be religious and if you prefer, you can call it hope instead. I have faith in God, and hope for a better tomorrow. Whether it's a cure to COVID, an uplifting call or text from a friend, birds singing their morning songs - there is always something that helps to keep me hopeful. 


Hang in there my friends, our rainbow is right around the corner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...