Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tird's Day 5: The Warning

                                Read the prologue to my Thursday, "Tird's Day" posts here.

Tird's Day 5: The Warning

With all systems "go", my roommate and I went to pick up our newest family member. We returned to the scene of the crime, the local pet shop, to pick up "Cowboy". Just like before, we had to search the store for our kid, and finally found him sitting on the owner's desk in the back. We announced that we were there to take Cowboy home, and the gentleman working on the other side of the desk immediately got up and started pointing out the supplies we needed. As we shopped, Cowboy roamed the store taking inventory of his shop one last time while the owner repeatedly complimented our new addition.

After some time, the shopping turned into checking out and we then proceeded to gather our last item to take home, the cat. The tall, thin man pet Cowboy one last time and reminded us again of what a great cat we were getting. With tears in his eyes he said what I considered to be famous last words upon our exit. Nearly out of earshot, the phrase "Keep your toilet seats down, he likes the water!" barely floated into our comprehension. I seem to remember that I looked oddly in the direction of my roommate, having not digested what was said at all. It wouldn't be long until I found out just what those words would come to represent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...