Saturday, January 11, 2014

Polar Dash

 

Today was Team Ortho's Polar Dash event, my second 5K of the year. For whatever reasons, I spaced out and not only did I not pick up my packet before race day, but I didn't request the time off from work either. Both were a first for me! Thankfully, a co-worker subbed for me, and there was a free, race-day packet pick up. 

The weather was great for a Chicago January, despite the 10+ mph winds off the lake. Unfortunately, I had soaking wet feet before the race even started thanks to numerous puddles and snowbanks, but that didn't stop me. The positive side of having wet feet at the start line? It allowed me to confidently slosh through the puddles along the course instead of avoiding them! I figured if you can't beat Mother Nature, I might as well join her. I'm pretty sure these are my webbed feet-prints in the snow. Paddle on my friends, paddle on.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...