Saturday, February 8, 2020

Club!


Based on a friend's recommendation, I signed up for a running club! No, I am not running a marathon nor long distances or for a ridiculous amount of time on any given day. I signed up to partake in the "Couch to 5K" program which is about 30 minutes of group training outdoors, up to 3 days a week. My schedule won't allow me to participate all 3 days but I am excited in general to give something new a try. I mean, if Brittany can run a marathon I can train outdoors for a 5K, right? (By the way, I highly recommend that movie!)

I've participated in many 5Ks over my lifetime however I've never trained outdoors for one which has always left me at a deficit on race day. Running outdoors is far harder than running on a treadmill as there's wind resistance and incline to deal with that wasn't previously factored in on the treadmill. I am excited to train outdoors with a, hopefully, supportive group of people and build new relationships along the way. Training begins at the end of March, so here's to hoping my excitement today tides me over until then! Fingers crossed!

What is something new that you're trying this year? 




1 comment:

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...