Saturday, February 1, 2014

REI

It snowed again today, and I'm pretty sure this is the first time since childhood that I've been excited for snow. Fresh snow today means a happy snowshoer tomorrow! Of course, this also means that I went to REI again today to get a few more pieces of gear. At this point, I'm on a first name basis with Theresa, Warren and Michael, and even have Michael consulting with me on how to train his new Doberman puppy. Yep, I've spent a lot of time as of late getting geared up and asking lots of questions! 

Tonight's haul included another Smart Wool top, toe warmers and most importantly, 4 season trekking poles! I'm excited to report that my new poles are Purple Punch and I can't wait to try them out along with my new shoes tomorrow. I'll definitely be happy once I am out of the "gearing up" phase, and can move onto the "getting out without thought and enjoying the sport" phase!  

What are you doing to stay active this winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...