Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Day 211

Ran a(nother) 5K today. The 3.10 mile distance is starting to feel pretty easy! Given my recent 4 Miler and 10K, fellow runners say I'll be running a half marathon in no time. I'm not so sure about running 13.1 miles any time soon, however! With the weather growing colder and my preference to run outdoors, I see the ability to pursue longer distance running sessions coming to a rapidly fraying end. 

While I do like to run in colder weather and even enjoy the rain, I know winter and ice will bring my running outdoors to a halt at some point. And with that I have to ask, who enjoys running ten miles or more on a treadmill with no change in view or environment? Will my running (and endurance) come to a stop in the winter? Will I learn to just deal with the treadmill for hours at a time at a local gym? Who knows! I definitely don't have those answers now, but guess time will tell.

What do you do for exercise in the winter? 
How do you stay active indoors in the colder months?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...