Saturday, October 3, 2020

Day 201

This weekend we masked up and ventured out to a pumpkin farm. I was happy to see, when purchasing tickets online, that the farm would only host up to 25% of their capacity crowd. Assuming not all 25% of the limited population could show up at the same time, I felt confident and somewhat "safe" with my purchase. Sadly, upon arrival the parking lot was packed and a crowded line of people waited for entrance. When turning in my tickets I questioned the staff member, "THIS is 25% capacity?". She assured me it was. 

Thankfully once inside the farm, with space to spread out, I felt a little "safer" but over all our trip remained short. I was happy to see the majority of the population wearing masks but of course there were some who chose not to wear one at all, or had it hanging off their chin. We observed unattended children touching public items and then eating food with the same, contaminated hands. Ugh. It didn't take long before we decided we had seen enough, picked out our pumpkins and left. 

While I, of course, want things to return to "normal" I can't say this is the way to do it people. Not wearing masks, not watching what your (or your kids') hands are doing or paying attention to where they've been, not maintaining social distance...it's not going to bring about an end to the spread of COVID-19. Sadly, based on this experience this will more than likely have been our one and only attempt to do something fall-like to celebrate the Fall and Halloween season.

Have there been any outings that you've attempted and regretted? Any adventures that turned out well? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...