Monday, October 12, 2020

Day 210

It's day 210 of COVID-19 shut down and I sit and wonder how much longer it all will go on? I mean, no doubt the virus will be around forever in some form, but what I question and wonder is how long will it's effects surge? Should I start a count down as if I am anticipating Christmas? I mean, there are only 155 days until we'll come upon the one year anniversary of dealing with the novel-virus. Should I pick a 2021, third-quarter date instead? Most people seem to think that's when a vaccine will be available. I truly don't anticipate a cure, vaccine or change in restrictions for the better until perhaps next year October or later and I think that's optimistic.

What are your thoughts on the virus and it's "end" date? 
Should we start a betting pool? 



3 comments:

  1. I think that a vaccine will probably start being available in the Spring to a fairly limited amount of people, which will expand by the summer. How effective the vaccine will be, and whether the virus will mutate substantially, is anyone's guess. I think this will change the landscape of a lot of bigger cities. I expect most restaurants and bars to close by next summer, and for a lot of businesses to stay somewhat virtual for the foreseeable future. I think corporations will use this as an opportunity to reduce their workforces substantially, and try to turn full time employees into contract workers without benefits.

    As you can see I am not very optimistic about things in the short run. Hopefully, I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps not optimistic, but super realistic! I can't say I disagree with any of your thoughts here, sadly. Hope you're hanging in there!

      Delete
  2. Doing ok. Fortunate to be able to work from home, and to be able to order most stuff for delivery. The pandemic year feels endless, but I am lucky to suffer much less than most people.

    ReplyDelete

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...