Sunday, February 21, 2021

Day 343

We went indoor skydiving today (yes, bad SI joint and all - but it held up). As this is my second experience doing so, it was nice to relive the experience with and through the eyes of my two, teenage stepdaughters. They loved it and can't wait to go back for more, and of course they loved having something "awesome" to post on their social media pages. As I listened to them read comments others made about their flying experiences, they were all but disgusted at the fact that someone commented, "Nice.". 

Umm, I say the word "nice" all the time?! My emotions behind the word are enthusiastic and relay, if only in my head, that I think whatever I'm commenting on is amazing, awesome or very cool! When I defended the "nice" commenter, I was informed that I am old and that if I was a teen and used that expression "no one would talk to you". Wow, wake up call! As I continued to get schooled in all things and expressions that are currently acceptable in the teenage world of today, I found none of my current vocabulary cuts the mustard. I am not "lit". I would give you more examples of acceptable words or phrases here so you could be as cool as these kids but the words they shared were so ridiculous sounding I have apparently blocked them out of my mind! It's official. I've become my parents. 




1 comment:

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...