Monday, February 8, 2021

Day 331

I started my fourth week of physical therapy today and told them I was bored with their exercises. I was, of course, diplomatic when speaking but so yearning for a challenge. Challenge me they did. I got to walk on a treadmill, which may seem like something ridiculous to be happy about but I was ecstatic. I worked on different steps (side, backwards, forward) with inclines and then moved onto floor work with planks and birddogs. It felt great to be physically challenged and I happily went on about my day. 

Sadly, around bedtime I started to feel an ache in my SI joint area. I have no idea if, 15 hours later, the pain was due to the change in exercises at physical therapy or from something I unintentionally did during the day and didn't realize (like sit wrong, bend wrong, etc). Needless to say, the return of the ache is a hard blow for me to take. I walked in and out of my appointment this morning feeling great, feeling invincible and believing that a return to "normal" was right around the corner. And now, I'm currently led to believe that my body can't even handle something as basic as walking on a treadmill? Ugh. 

The one "good" thing is, that the pain is not really pain-like. It's a tightness and ache of awareness versus anything debilitating like I've previously experienced. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd say the issue doesn't even register, or is barely a 1. Nonetheless, it's a concern for me and makes me worry about my future. I've never had to go through physical rehab before so I don't know if this is as big as a set back as I feel it is or if experiences like this are "normal"?  I will inquire and find out more on my next visit, this coming Friday. Until then, it's continuing with my exercise homework, ice, heat and continued frustration. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...