Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Day 318

Bridges, clamshells, leg lifts, exercise bands - oh my! Let me tell you, this physical therapy is kicking my butt! It's been 6 weeks since I last worked out but despite that I'm still feeling a burn having started week two of SI joint rehab! Muscle soreness "burn" that is, which is ironically, a welcomed feeling. It's a feeling that I enjoy and associate with having accomplished a great workout.

Thankfully I've been without SI joint or back pain for going on two weeks now (ever since I started physical therapy) and I continue to trend in a stronger, healthier direction. My physical rehab is all about targeting muscle imbalances in my glutes and core in order to stabilize the SI joint. These muscles are all currently under or wrongly utilized and let me tell you, a repeated 3 second "butt squeeze" to correct that sure feels like a lot more work than it should be! 

I have pages of "homework" to accomplish every day and while I can't say I enjoy the exercises, I gladly follow directions and know that by doing so I will be able to correct my strength issues and hopefully, return to my favorite activities soon. I still have anywhere from another 2-4 weeks of rehab before I get "released" but time will pass anyways. At least I'll be stronger and better by the end of it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...