Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Day 312

This knobby and gnarled tree, although not really pretty to look at most days, not even on a Spring budding day, provides a lot of entertainment for me. It plays host to a multitude of birds and squirrels at any given time. While I find the squirrels nothing more than pests (digging up my plants and nesting in car engines), the birds are amazing. At any given time, this tree provides forging space for a Downy Woodpecker, a lone Blue Jay, a couple of Cardinals and multiple little Sparrow and Juncos (I think). Today, most birds blend in with the grey limbs only making their presence known by the snow they knock off the branches as they hop to and from. 

What's the view from where you're sitting? Does it take a second look to discover all that it really beholds? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...