Saturday, January 16, 2021

Day 308

As a new Jeep owner, I am loving the "Jeep Wave". Sure, it's a little silly and not always reciprocal, but I enjoy it nonetheless. Not sure what I'm talking about? The Jeep Wave is pretty straightforward. All Jeepers are responsible for upholding the tradition of the wave. If a fellow Jeeper waves, you are required to return the wave; it’s as simple as that.The Jeep Wave can consist of a vigorous side-to-side motion of one or both hands, a raised hand waving, or two or four fingers extended upward from the steering wheel. However, my favorite and the most seen version of the wave is two fingers raised from the steering wheel. An homage to the peace sign. 

Owning a Jeep doesn’t just open up the opportunity for me to explore the road less traveled, I have also gained an immediate kinship among all other Jeep owners! This camaraderie is on display every time I pass another person driving a Jeep in the form of a wave and it makes me smile. Big time. It's the little things like this that make cold grey days a little better! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...