Thursday, December 10, 2020

Day 269

Do you have a favorite holiday decoration that you look forward to seeing every year? I do. Well, I have many. As a collector of vacation spot Christmas ornaments, I enjoy unwrapping my souvenirs and reliving the memories from each trip. 

One of my first vacation ornaments came from Door County, WI. Ok, so it's not an exotic vacation, but it's memorable as it was also my first Christopher Radko brand ornament. Additionally, as the ornament is a beautiful, multi-colored nutcracker it reminds me of Christmas seasons past having attended (or watched on TV) The Nutcracker. I look forward to giving this jolly old guy a prominent spot on the tree every year. He's usually next to my miniature, Wrigley Field ornament that lights up (which may be my second favorite decoration).

What about you? Any particular decoration that you love seeing every year? Or, do you prefer to be a minimalist and say bah-humbug to the idea of decorating?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...