Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Day 260

It's been 18 days since I left for vacation and 18 days since my last blog post. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about blogging. Although it's been a nice break, I've missed blogging. Blogging helps me celebrate the good things occurring in 2020, helps keep me accountable to a routine and above all, makes it easy to track the days of the year instead of letting them all go by in a Covid induced blur. In the past 18 days I've done a few things...

- Visited Disney's Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom for the first time ever and Epcot for a second time. The warm Florida weather was refreshing as well as the get away from work and home. I most enjoyed riding The Tower of Terror and eating Mickey Mouse cupcakes!

- Found a new wine favorite at a near-ish by winery...

- Ran a personal best in a Thanksgiving day 5K Turkey Trot...

- Worked together with my sister-in-law to produce an edible, holiday dinner!

- Decorated, for the first time ever, two Christmas trees in one house...

- Continue to realize and appreciate, despite the struggles this year has brought, how truly blessed I am. Every day.

In true, social media fashion the above items are my highlights of the past 18 days. This doesn't mean there haven't been struggles to get out of bed in the mornings, wondering what it is I'm doing in my career as a manager because all my virtual team interactions seem less impactful or beneficial. My highlights don't change the fact I've gained 7 pounds due to stress and emotional eating, either or that I've been a virtual witness to those I care about losing loved ones who I can't even offer a hug of comfort to in person. 

There is life to be lived despite the extreme circumstances going on around us, it's just different these days of course. Focusing on our problems magnify them, or so I think - so I do my best (not always successfully) to not focus on them. I face and fix what is needed and focus on the positives the best I can. Highlights don't mean I'm perfect or that I don't have issues going on, I just choose to blog happy! I hope you can take a moment today to reflect on your positives and blessings, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...