Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Day 267

 


Reruns. Always there for you. Pretty true sentiment in my household, for me at least. I admit my guilty pleasures are watching reruns of Roseanne, The Golden Girls and the Netflix series Grace and Frankie. There's something comforting about the story lines, most from the 80's and 90's which represent a simpler time along with not having to think about the unfolding plot. The story is familiar. The story is soothing as if it were a favorite childhood bedtime story. The repeated scenarios are background noise or welcomed friends depending on how much attention and effort you want to give them on any given day. They do not judge your level of involvement. They are just there for you whenever you need them.

Do you have a favorite television series you enjoy watching, or listening to, over and over?
Any guilty pleasure series you'd be afraid to admit watching elsewhere?


1 comment:

  1. I am old so mine would be the Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, and the Odd Couple. I also have a sneaky fondness for a show from the 1990s, ER.

    ReplyDelete

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...