Saturday, September 26, 2020

Day 194

Sadly due to a muscle strain, I couldn't do my 5 mile training run for today. While disappointing, I have actually learned over the years (the hard way) to listen to my body and take a break when needed. I spent the day enjoying a seated brunch with friends, resting (kind of) and doing some odds and ends items around the house. In the past, I would continue to push myself, run, and ignore the much needed self care making the recovery process far worse than needed. Hopefully, I'll be back on the road Monday or Tuesday with some continued chiropractic care, heating pads, Advil, massage and lots of stretching! If not, I'll continue with modified workouts on the bike. 

What lessons have you had to learn the hard way?  

2 comments:

  1. I admire your ability to rest when your body starts to send you signals that it is overworked, or slightly injured. I always tell my self I am going to do this, but somehow exercise every anyway. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should read, "I always tell myself I am going to do this, but somehow exercise every day anyway."

    ReplyDelete

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...