Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Day 85

Today is the first Tuesday in 10 weeks that I don't have a specific running plan set out for me. There is no more Couch to 5K program, it's been completed. There is no more race day, I earned my medal on Sunday. Today's run was "just a run". 

What I've learned in the past 10 weeks is that I can do hard things! There were days I swore about how much it sucked, but 10 weeks later I don't have a thought in my head when I run, I just enjoy my surroundings. It's my down time. It's my "me time. 

The added bonus of my 10 week expedition was inspiring others. I've had friends reach out and share their own "come back" stories with me. It's been an unexpected but much welcomed  to know that I can help others by just being me. I'm not sure what my next adventure will be, but I hope it helps someone along the way, too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...