Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Day 100

Wow, 100 days of "lock down"! Things feel normal to me at this point. Not the old normal I used to know 101 days ago. It's a new "normal". Of course, I don't enjoy all aspects of the "new normal" like wearing a mask in public, constant fear of infection of COVID-19 and an abnormal use of hand sanitizer but there have been benefits and other discoveries I appreciate. New friendships forged, new hobbies gained and a healthier version of myself.

Of course, all good things must come to an end as I am being asked to start a rotational return to my office building. Starting next week I will be working from the office for a week and then work from home for two weeks. I assume this rotation will slowly ramp it's way back to the "old" normal. I am not excited about the changes this will bring to my current routine and am stressing over how to maintain the best of both "normals". 


What changes are you encountering as we are starting to "open" the state back up? Any concerns? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...