Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Day 106

Today is day two of being back in the office building. With what feels like only 2 other people in attendance, it hasn't been a bad adjustment in total. The peace and quiet (for now) allows for extreme focus. I had forgotten what it was like to work on two large desk monitors versus a small laptop from home. It took a while to get used to the big screens again and I felt as though I was reading a large-print edition of Reader's Digest for the aged. 

The down side? Due to my inability or lack of desire to get out of bed and to be on a routine schedule before my work day starts, I found myself rushing to get out of the house in order to make it to the office on time.I'm waking up earlier than desired, rushing to workout, do any household tasks that need to be done, eat breakfast and am constantly watching the clock as I get ready. How do you make this stop? The extra hour I had due to lack of commute was put to good use while working from home! 

As my office hours will rotate and vary, I have time to figure this all out but I can already tell my overall mood about returning to the office is BAH-HUMBUG! As additional people come back on board the noise will rise, the interruptions will begin and well...BAH HUMBUG!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...