Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Day 64

Thanks to the TCM (Turner Classic Movie) channel I can now scratch the 1959 movie, "North by Northwest" off of my "to see" list. I had no idea this was a Hitchcock film and was happily surprised to see his trademark cameo in the opening scene wherein he misses the bus. I really liked that this "Top 100" film wasn't the typical romance movie and had a lot of suspense to it (of course, it's Hitchcock). While main lead Carey Grant is easy on the eyes, I can't say I enjoy his trademark manner of speech, but I'm sure that's part of what helped launch him to success. 

The things I enjoyed most about this movie was the suspenseful plot, the witty banter, arrogance and sarcasm of Grant's character and as a fellow train traveler, I could relate to the train scenes and reminisced of my own travels. Additionally, I enjoyed the views of the majestic Mount Rushmore. I found the story line a refreshing change of pace from the recent musicals I've watched, and have to say this movie is in my top favorites so far! 

What's on your "to view" list these days?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...