Sunday, May 3, 2020

Day 48


I just completed day 15 of the Couch to 5K (C25K) running program. I am finally at a point where I am no longer cursing the hills or internally thinking, "How much f*cking longer is this interval?". I can enjoy the run and listen to the birds around me, acknowledge people with a smile and wave instead of telling them I'm dying (yes, I did that once...or twice). It's becoming enjoyable. It's becoming a stress relief that I look forward to. It's becoming a fun challenge to complete the longer running portions and to go farther than I thought I could. Running is allowing me a time to get out of my head and to just enjoy what's around me. A lot of things have been cancelled during the COVID-19 outbreak but thankfully not this. Running is not cancelled. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...