Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Progress

My March workouts are booked, both Pilates and Orange Theory classes, I've scheduled a massage, various annual doctor appointments for maintenance, have a brunch date scheduled with friends, will be attending a baby shower and start participating in the running club at the end of this month. I still need to book some "me" time with friends and the significant other, but I'm working on it. So, why am I sharing my "schedule" with you ask? For me, of course. To help keep me accountable for my new years resolutions.

The sad thing is that the list above might sound like a "lot" but when compared to my list of "to-dos" below, I still fall short. I'm not really complaining here versus admitting that I'm human and imperfect, and that's okay. Progress is better than "did not start" and I will allow myself that kindness and grace as you should too! I still struggle to read and be as positive as I'd like, but every day is a new opportunity to try again.  


How are your resolutions going so far? We're in month 3 and Spring is right around the corner! 


Get healthy...mentally and physically
- Commit to working out 2-3 times a week.
- Stay away from negative people.
- Make more play-dates with positive people.
- Complain less.

- Participate in one 5K per month.
- Eat clean(er).
- Stretch.

Read more.
- Read one book per month.
- Stop buying new books!
- Set aside 30 minutes a day via lunch or bedtime to read.

Bucket List Items...continued from 2011.
- Attend Cubs Spring training.
- Travel (Italy, Spain, Germany, Bora Bora)
- Hike Piccachu Peak, AZ.

Personal
- Go to the chiropractor more.
- Book a spa service per month.
- Remain grateful and practice gratitude daily.
- Commit to a schedule of chores and add help services as needed to make life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...