Tuesday, March 10, 2020

59


This coming weekend I will be tackling my 59th movie from the American Film Institute's Top 100 American Films! Can't wait to watch this block buster, the first movie with stop motion animation! I know by today's standards this movie will appear completely antiquated and cheesy, but I will try to mentally set my anticipation to that of a mind seeing this film for the first time in 1933. 

Once again, I am thankful to Fathom Events for hosting the classics for me to see on the big screen, where they belong! King Kong has endured not only the ages of time, but much racial criticism and censorship along the way. Despite it's varied re-releases and editing over the years, including a colorized version for TV, I will be happy to see this in it's original format. 

Having visited New York last year along with the top of the Empire State Building, it will be neat to see the New York of 1933. Fingers crossed and popcorn buttered for a great movie date ahead! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...