Friday, September 11, 2015

Bug

I don't like bugs but found this little guy and the details of his markings fascinating. Something as simple as watching a little bug brought a type of serenity to my day. A simplicity. A simple life to be appreciated, yet brought to mind in contrast a day 14 years ago that brought such chaos and loss. 

I noticed that this guy was missing part of his (or her) antennae and wondered what kind of battle it had seen.  Was the cloudy eye normal, or a sign of wear and age? This simple sun bather was trying to enjoy its' day as much as I was mine. I thought of shooing it away, but observed instead. I took the time to appreciate this moment, soak up the sun, and reflect on my life, the people in it and was thankful that no one I knew personally succumbed to the tragedy that will be forever known as 9/11. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...