Friday, September 4, 2015

7th

I didn't really feel like going out tonight, no real reason as to why, but I'm so glad I did! I got showered and dolled up and headed out with E to see a local cover band, 7th Heaven. Ironically the lead singer, Adam, used to be in my favorite festival band before they disbanded a few years back. I thought all was lost when it came to hearing him again. While it's fun to be able to see him perform again, I do miss hearing the original songs by him and his former band, Dot Dot Dot...but that's not the point of this post.

The music helped make my night, but so did the crowd, the 312 and most importantly my dance partner! It was a fun, non stop night of songs to sing along to filled with dance moves that probably looked better in my head then they did on the dance floor. I felt young(er) again. I was reminded what my 20-something years felt like and appreciated the fact, based on the angst seen amongst many groups in the crowd, that I'm older and wiser now. Okay, maybe just older. 

My Friday was a reminder to appreciate my youth (yes I still consider myself young). To enjoy and appreciate the moments (and the people) in them. And included the sentiment of, sometimes going out and sticking with the plans made is exactly what you need, even if you don't feel like following through. Sometimes ya just gotta fake it til ya make it! And after my night, I definitely made it! 

Happy Friday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...