Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Terrible

I woke up emotional today. I'm not sure why, but then again, does there have to be a reason? Some things just "are", I suppose. I then headed into a very negative environment, well, a decent environment with one very negative person in it. Before I knew it, I felt like my day was spiraling into the abyss of hell.  

When I'm feeling "if-y" (translate that into angry, sad, and frustrated all at once), I tell myself to find the positives in the day and count my blessings. I know it's cheesy, but it works for me (okay, most of the time). Before I knew it, I had a much longer list of things to be happy and grateful for than the crappy things I was previously focused on. And then I found, that the more I focused on the "happy", the happier I became. My terrible Tuesday ended up being a most terrific day after all - and for that I thank the power of gratitude!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...