Friday, March 27, 2015

Beatloaf


"Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double beatloaf, I hate meatloaf!" - Randy, from A Christmas Story

I put a spin on an old classic tonight and made mini meatloaves. Okay, so they were really more like meatloaf-meatballs, but I thought they were pretty awesome. The funny thing is, I combined 3 different recipes in order to make them, and topped them off with a variety of glaze and cheese combos which made the end results even more unique. Talk about your artistic liberties! Green pepper, onions, Heinz 57... those are just a few of the ingredients used. Thankfully the audience I was cooking for enjoyed the end result which included an exclamation of, "This is the best dinner ever!". Who knows, maybe even Randy from the movie, "A Christmas Story" would have liked them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...