Thursday, January 29, 2015

Moment

Class tonight was awesome, despite my self doubt and internal criticism due to lack of having a standard curriculum. I'm anal, I'll admit it. I want a game plan. I want an outline. Tell me exactly what it is we're supposed to cover and I'm a happy trainer. Of course, structure is something that's pretty elusive when working with dogs and owners, because one question from an owner or a reaction from a dog can change the course of your entire night. Permanently. And I'm fine with that. I can roll with punches and go with the flow. Come on, I said I was anal, not incapable of flexibility! So how does a semi, type A personality fit into a world of constant change? By acting like a dog of course and by living in the moment. It's been a challenge, but it's been worth every minute of it when I can make it happen. Why don't you act like a dog and focus on only the now, this very moment? Come on, give it a try, I think you'll like it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...