Tuesday, July 21, 2015

'Bucks

After having received numerous Starbucks gift cards for my birthday, I finally started putting them to use. Being on the go as much as my schedule has demanded of me as of late, I haven't had time to sit down and enjoy a home cooked meal. So, after researching (ok, I read the label on the food - it wasn't hard) I have to admit, you can eat pretty healthily at the "Bucks" if you choose to. 

My recent purchases have included their Spinach and Feta breakfast wrap, the Bistro Protein Box, a Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich and their Caramel Light Frappuccino. While eating "fast" food is not my forte' these days, Starbucks makes it pretty easy to treat your body right - provided you stay away from the 10,000 calorie ice-cream drinks!

Go Bucks! If this was an official review, they'd get 5 stars from me. I know a lot of people complain about the prices of Starbucks items, but I believe that's due primarily to the cost of the coffee drinks. Their food is competitively priced and of course, having gift cards makes it a no brainer. (Did I really just write a post about Starbucks?)




3 comments:

  1. I enjoy their little bistro boxes. I'm happy they offer some veg choices. They now have these wraps and I really need to try one (the veg one of course... but the chicken one looks better).
    Lately I've just been getting iced tea at Starbucks and they always act like it's weird that I want plain/unsweetened. :P Some people do like plain green or black iced tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always hear people ordering plain tea here - is that a Cali thing perhaps? (that they don't expect you to order it plain?)

      Delete
  2. Hm, I don't know. They're big into mixing lemonade with tea, too, which I think is nasty.

    ReplyDelete

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...