Monday, June 22, 2015

Verdict

This weekend I went on my first camping trip of any kind. I wasn't sure if I'd like it after hearing horror stories and reference to murder cases, but I consider myself an outdoorsy gal and a general good sport - so what's the worst that could happen? I can usually make the best of a situation. Right?

Yep, that's exactly right. The definitive answer when asked if I would ever go camping again is a solid, YES! While I will admit that I found camping to be a lot of work, I also found a lot of enjoyment in being off the grid and out of touch with the outside world. Camping is most successful with a great partner and friends who help round out the rough edges.

PS) Thanks Eric for being such a patient fishing instructor! (Wow, Eric and "patient" in the same sentence?) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...