Monday, January 23, 2012

Life is Good


Life is good, and here's why...

Recently I updated my Facebook status with the saying, "Life is Good." and someone asked me a few days later, "What's so great that's going on in your life?". I had to stop and think about it for a moment, but quickly realized (being the eternal optimistic that I am, or at least try to be) there wasn't one big thing going on that makes my life great, rather lots of little things. Being of the mindset that life is indeed what you make it, I believe if you decide you're going to be in a bad mood and have a shitty day, that's on you. There are ways to make the most out of your day, whether you choose to do so or not, but don't blame "life" and the general universe as to why your life sucks (if it does). Rather, change your mindset and mantra.

Too often I hear people bitch and complain about everything that sucks (and I am one of them at times, I admit!) but the difference between me and them is, I don't stay in that place. I make the conscience decision to try to do better, and to make my day better. There are so many things I can't control, but I can control me, my thoughts, my words and my actions. I am still clinging to the new year's hopefulness that only the clean slate of a fresh year brings, and remain excited about everything the new year has to offer me. New friendships, new events, new  adventures and of course, new lessons to learn.

Here are some of the small "things" that help make my life good right now. Some are achievements, some are upcoming plans, but all of them help keep me hopeful that the best is yet to come!

I have officially gone 23 days without any type of soda/pop beverage...

I just mailed my registration form to participate in a Mini-Triathlon!

I survived my first two weeks of Boot Camp (and keep going back for more)!

I'm super excited that I am rallying a team of great women together for the 2012 Dirty Girl Mud Run. We will officially be team, "Mud Puppies"!

I started my third session of ASL (American Sign Language) classes and despite being "voice off" I can actually follow the instructor's signing (for the most part).

I donated blood the other day, and despite not having a blood pressure, I'm still alive. (The technician couldn't find/read my blood pressure!!!).

I have great friends that encourage me to pursue my dreams.

I just mailed my application to be a Canine Good Citizen evaluator/judge!

Most of all, I'm just happy to wake up each morning, pain free (coming from someone with frequent headaches this is AWESOME!), and thankful to God for the air in my lungs and for all the wonderful things I can do and have to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...