Saturday, July 25, 2020

Day 131

I just celebrated my 20 year anniversary at work. Two decades later, I am still with the company that I thought I wouldn't last more than 6 months with. Well, to be clear, I didn't plan on staying at my initial job within the company for more than 6 months. Thankfully, I was able to move along and move up in position over the years. There have been great years of growth, and a few years of feeling like I was buried under poor management. Thankfully, that's not where I am at today! Twenty years has gone by in a heart beat, or so it seems. Man!

20 Years Ago...

How the Grinch Stole Christmas was the biggest movie of the year...love it and own it!

Friends was the most popular sitcom on TV...I never watched a single episode during it's original run.

Only 41.5% of US households had internet...I think I may have had dial up!

Heinz introduced green and purple ketchup...I remember being grossed out by the green version!

Oprah released her first issue of "O" magazine...I've purchased a few in my day! 

U2 made a comeback and released their song, "Beautiful Day"...adore this song.

Abercrombie & Fitch was the coolest store a teen could shop at...never spent a dime at this place!

Peanuts published it's last, original comic...I miss a good comic!

The Nokia 3390 was the most popular cellphone to have...nope, Motorola fan here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...