Friday, July 10, 2020

Day 116


What, if anything, have you experienced recently that made you feel like things were "back to normal"? Were you able to sit down a restaurant outside? Return to work? Experience a business that was previously closed? 

For me, my "normal" was taking a class at my old gym. Of course, things were far from the old "normal" with the introduction of standing in line for my temperature to be taken, doled out hand sanitizer and mask wearing - but what did feel normal was being back in the studio, running and watching my heart rate get into the "zone". 

Another "normal" for me was sitting down, over 15 feet away from the next patron, at a winery and enjoying a wine flight. Wine tastings are not allowed right now, but sitting down and sampling a delicious flight of wines while relaxing on a cool leather couch - that felt "normal". 

While new normal is different than old normal, I will appreciate the glimpses of any sense of normalcy, period. There are things that I wish would return to the full, "old" normal but also many things that I hope don't! I can do without crowds and I enjoy my own personal space being 6 feet away from others. I appreciate working from home and not commuting. What about you? What do you hope remains the new normal or returns to the old normal?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...