Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tuesday

When I think about what I am thankful for today, I gratefully find more than a few things to blog about. I am so grateful for friends who always listen, friends who randomly reach out at the right times as if they just know that even a simple text will make my day better - but who doesn't have great friends or people in their lives to be thankful for? So when I dig deeper and think about all the little things in my days that add up to really big moments of happiness, I found that I am thankful for...

Unsolicited apologies
Presents (come on, I'm guessing that's a given for anyone!)
Quiet conversations at the end of the day
Pending date nights
Coffee
Lack of aches and pains
New classes
Having the heat turned up for me by my significant other (without asking) when I'm cold
Compliments
"Ah-ha" moments when everything becomes clear

And while this may sound beyond my normal level of "mush", I'm thankful to have things to be thankful for! When's the last time you really were grateful for all the things you have to be thankful for?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday

Yesterday I got up early and went for a 40 minute walk. Outside. It was 8 degrees. Sadly, this is just the start of the brutal Chicago winte...