Thursday, January 5, 2017

TT

I'm choosing today to post what I'm thankful for. You know, the whole "Thankful Thursday" bit. I can't help but feel the need to show some (more) gratitude for...

 ...having found a bracelet that I thought I had lost. Okay, I know that sounds basic (like really, you're thankful for a piece of jewelry? How first-world...) but it's seriously a huge deal to me. The bracelet I'm speaking of is from my husband and was for my 40th birthday. It's a one of a kind, irreplaceable bracelet that was purchased on vacation. But more than the jewelry itself, what I value about it is that my husband was in between jobs when he bought it. Not sure of when he would find his next job or have a solid income again, he still chose to purchase something for me that I considered ridiculously priced (for what it is) to make me happy. When I look at the bracelet, it's that selflessness that I'm reminded of and why I love it so much. Okay, that and it is totally awesome. 

Me a Day Moment: Cutting myself some slack today. You could say that someone went out last night to celebrate. And that someone may have stayed out to late and had perhaps a bit too much wine...but all I know is I allowed "someone" to sleep in and skip the morning workout in exchange for an evening one instead. Usually evening workouts get skipped, despite good intentions, because at the end of the day all I want to do is go home. So, the schedule change adds risk to getting my workout completed but I am gonna be like Larry the Cable Guy and "get 'er done!". 




No comments:

Post a Comment