Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Me A Day

Wow, in reviewing my blog posts for the year, I really thought I'd have done more writing than, counting this, 35 posts. Yikes. I guess this is one more thing I need, and want, to work on for myself in the new year.

Recently I was reminded that I have a lot of free time. Only, I don't feel like I have any free time - so what gives? Upon contemplation, I realized that I fill my "free time" with obligations and errands and by the time they're completed, I'm usually tired and ready for bed. This leaves no time for things that I personally want to do, like hang out with friends, get a manicure, read a book, relax, or whatever it is that I find personally fulfilling. In an effort to change this up, I took two hours of "free time" today and didn't clean the house, do the dishes or laundry, and didn't take out the trash. Instead, I went and got a manicure and pedicure and even read a gossip magazine. 

During my "me" time, I found it hard to not think about  all the things that I felt like I should be doing, so that's what I am going to work on for 2017. Do more things for me, and less thinking about the "shoulds". The fact is, you can drive yourself nuts with the "what I should be doings" instead of enjoying life in any given moment. 

I thought back to when I started blogging in 2011 and my blog was about doing one thing every day that scared me, and now 5 years later I'm inspired to focus on blogging and posting about ways, each day, that I do something for me. A sort of "Me a Day" post. Who knows where this will lead, and I'm sure there will be other subject matter along the way, but I'm looking forward to the self imposed challenge! 

My Me a Day Moment for Today: Black Onyx Manicure, Koala Berry pedicure, and this post. I heart blogging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment