Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Begrudgingly

I am not politically outspoken in life or on social media but that doesn't mean I don't pay attention to what is going on in the world around me. It is hard for me to get excited about this Presidential election when I deem neither candidate a suitable representative for me, and quite frankly, find both a down right embarrassment and threat to the United States of America. Despite that, I still exercise my constitutional right and vote for who I believe is the lessor of the two evils, despite party affiliation. But what happens when there is no lessor (in my opinion) and they are both evil? I still vote. And I hope. That is all I can do. 

I hope that the next four years go quickly (and smoothly). And I hope that in time, a future candidate who I can enthusiastically back and support will rise up for the next election.But in the mean time, I think the best way to look at this election is to not put all your trust in one person to change your life and existence. The President is not a god, nor life coach or counselor. The President cannot fix your life for you. Albeit that the President can invoke change in our country that we may/may not agree upon, but the fact is, usually those changes do not trickle down to our day to day well being. That may sound like a naive statement, but sadly it's the best I can hope for. Dear President, please try not to f*ck things up too badly, ok? 

So yes, despite my feelings about the current candidates, I did vote. It's my right, and yours. It should be exercised. However, I believe when doing so, I looked something like this while casting my ballot... 


Good luck America. 
We need it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment